Informed Pragmatic Counsel
Istvan is a partner in the firm, specializing in real estate, probate and estate planning, civil and appellate litigation, business law and municipal law. He serves as Solicitor for the Village of Harrisburg and as Assistant Prosecutor for the City of Hilliard in its Mayor's Court.
He uses his extensive real estate and business experience to assist business owners, landlords and homeowners in real estate-related issues, including the purchase and sale of properties, the eviction of tenants and the litigation of real estate-related disputes. Istvan also advises clients on land use and development issues, including the rezoning and variance of properties, mechanic's liens and defending property owners on zoning and building code violations.
In addition to assisting clients on legal matters, Istvan is a retired and formerly licensed surveyor in the State of Ohio. With this background, he advises and represents clients in boundary dispute and adverse possession matters throughout Ohio. His experience as a surveyor allows him to effectively assess and advise clients on property law issues, including the scope of easements, claims of ownership by adjacent property owners, prescriptive rights, access rights and other areas.
Istvan has served as chair and member of the Columbus Bar Association's Real Property Law Institute and has authored articles on real estate topics.
He received a B.S. from The Ohio State University with a concentration in Geodetic Science and Surveying. After obtaining his surveyor's license and serving as vice president of a local surveying firm, Mr. Gajary returned to law school, graduating from Capital University Law School, cum laude. While there, he served as Executive Publishing Editor of the Capital University Law Review and completed an externship with Hon. James L. Graham of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. Istvan also volunteered for the Internal Revenue Service in its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Grant Program preparing free tax return service to the underserved community.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. – 2012, cum laude
- Capital University Law Review, 2012, Executive Publishing Editor
- Judicial Externship, 2010, Honorable James L. Graham, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- The Ohio State University
- B.S. – 1998
- Major: Geodetic Science and Surveying
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Columbus Bar Association’s Real Property Law Institute, Chair and Member
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Honorable James L. Graham, U.S. District Court,Southern District of Ohio, Judicial Externship, 2010