Informed Pragmatic Counsel
Rasheeda Z. Khan
Litigator and Powerful Advocate.
As an experienced civil litigator and aggressive criminal defense attorney, Rasheeda has been litigating and trying cases for over 18 years. A sophisticated and versatile trial lawyer with extensive experience handling high profile legal matters with the quality, precision and attention to detail that one would expect from a large law firm. She routinely handles matters for large corporations, foreign companies, universities and government entities, but is most recognized for her powerful advocacy on behalf of individuals charged with professional misconduct, white-collar crimes or violent felonies in both federal and state courts. She is a familiar face in all of the local courthouses.
Rasheeda is an attorney who can quickly grasp complex factual and legal issues and apply sound judgment to create value for her clients. She provides aggressive representation to individuals and companies, whether they are looking to enforce their legal rights against others or find themselves as defendants or respondents in a criminal case, administrative proceeding or piece of litigation.
Prior to joining Peterson Conners, she was a director for 12 years in the litigation and professional responsibility practice areas at Kegler, Brown Hill & Ritter. She has an AVVO 10.0 rating and a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, awarded only to those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability.
Rasheeda is also a former assistant federal public defender. She represented hundreds of clients charged with federal felonies including healthcare fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, mortgage fraud, embezzlement, data theft, computer sex crimes, immigration offenses and drug and firearm offenses. While successfully managing a heavy caseload, Rasheeda handled matters in all stages of litigation from inception through jury trial and sentencing. She routinely and successfully argued complex legal issues regarding bond, evidentiary issues, sentencing enhancements, restitution and post-conviction matters.
Rasheeda's broad-based litigation experience includes: jury trials; bench trials; temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction hearings; summary jury trials; administrative trials; student conduct hearings, attorney disciplinary hearings, attorney admission hearings; appellate practice before the Ohio Court of Appeals, the Ohio Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; representation of clients in connection with criminal grand jury proceedings, Ohio Attorney General antitrust investigations, U.S. Department of Justice and Inspector General investigations; and practice before local governmental boards and agencies.
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- Juris Doctorate - 2002
- Honors: Strong Award for Legal Writing, 2002
- Honors: Clinical Programs Award, 2002
- Honors: American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy, 2002
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science - 1992
- Major: Biology
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, CJA Panel Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, CJA Panel Member
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers